Civilian Graflex and Graphic Cameras

While the Folmer & Schwing, Folmer Graflex Corp and Graflex Inc businesses are commonly referred to as 'Graflex' that name was also applied to the reflex (SLR) cameras made by those various company owners. To further confuse matters the name 'Graflex' was again used to identify the type of back fitted to most of those SLR cameras and some Graphic cameras whereby the film holder or plate holder was clamped against the rear of the camera body by a fixed flat metal bar at the bottom and a sliding flat metal bar at the top. 'Graphic' cameras are the non-SLR (drop bed) classic press camera type.

(Click on the photos for more information)

Press Type Cameras of other makes
(Click on the photos for more information)

photography and website © Bruce Thomas 2009-2012